Red spots on your facial skin can leave you embarrassed or self conscious. There are a number of reasons why you may have red spots or patches on your face. You may have had bad acne that left behind scarring, a skin condition such as psoriasis or rosacea, or you may simply have an uneven skin tone. If you have red on your face that you dislike, here are a couple at home options for reducing the redness.
Placing a cucumber on red spots on your face can help to hydrate the skin and remove redness. This is because cucumbers have a high water content and have many vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin C, that can improve the skin. Follow these directions to reduce redness on your face using a cucumber:
- Peel a cucumber and cut it into slices. The slices should be about the same thickness that you would use in a salad. Chill the cucumbers.
- Grab some of the cucumbers out of the fridge and lay down. Place the cucumbers on the red portions of your face. Cucumbers can also help tighten up skin around your eyes and reduce bags, so place a couple over your eyes if you have these issues as well.
- Allow the cucumbers to sit on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes. Do not rub them into the skin, as the friction can harm your skin. Simply let the nutrients sink into your skin.
- Remove the cucumbers and throw them away. Do not reuse the cucumbers as they may absorb bacteria on your face after sitting. If possible, don't wash your face so your skin continues to absorb the nutrients.
- Repeat this process routinely until your red patches lighten.
Oatmeal and Honey
Oatmeal and honey combines to make a facial mask that can help to reduce redness. Oatmeal helps soothe the skin and hydrate it, while honey helps to kill bacteria and re-hydrate the skin. Follow these steps to treat your facial redness with oatmeal and honey:
- Combine one tablespoon of raw ground oats and two tablespoons of honey in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients.
- Lay down and spread the mixture on the red portions of the face. Cover the areas completely with a liberal amount of the mixture.
- Leave the mixture on your face for at least 15 minutes.
- Wipe away as much of the mixture as you can and dispose of it in the trash.
- Rinse your face with warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Repeat this process daily until the redness lightens.
Most at home treatments may reduce facial redness, but will typically not completely remove it. If these home treatments don't help you, or you want to remove the redness completely, consult with a cosmetic dermatologist. There are treatments that can remove the redness in your facial skin completely, including chemical peels and laser treatments. This can help you with an even skin tone and skin conditions that you don't have to try to conceal with makeup.Share